Capgemini Business Analyst 1 - Business Analyst/Technical Writer in Chicago, Illinois
The Technical Writer works within the Support team, reporting to the assignment manager and is responsible for identifying, organizing and writing all supporting technical and marketing documentation for all innovation products.
• Documentation Requirements - Product User/Support Manuals - Product Installation Manuals - Product Data Sheets - Application Notes, Design Specification. Training material including slides and system diagrams, Any other documentation as required by business activities Role Requirements
• Determine the customer requirements for technical documentation. Become familiar with innovation products in order to communicate succinct and accurate information to the all stakeholders.
• Work with the engineering team to ensure accurate specifications are communicated to stakeholders. - Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, graphics, animation, charts or any other innovative method to increase the users understanding of innovation products.
• Standardize content with high quality documentation. Revise documents as new product developments are introduced.
Excellent communication, verbal and written
Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
Experience interacting / working with with SMEs
Experience with NP6, RFM2, Kiosk#, NGK, eCP products
• Communication and writing skills; you must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for customers who have non-technical backgrounds.
• Detail oriented; you will be creating detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
• Imagination; you must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a customer without technical experience would think about it.
• Technical skills; you must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information.
• Teamwork and self-starting; we work as a team and are looking for a self-starter with a good attitude to join our growing business and have some fun along the way.
Experience with MSWord, Visio and other Office tools required. Experience with Madcap Flare or any Technical Writing package that allows efficient authoring of high quality content.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Business Analysts enable the transformation and performance improvement of an enterprise or its parts, with respect to people, process and technology, by providing relevant capabilities, assets (human and non-human), processes and tools. Business Analysts structure, analyze and visualize an enterprise’s current state. They design and visualize the future state. They also design and guide the change process from current to future state. Developing sector knowledge is extremely important for all Business Analysts. Functional analysts can specialize in Business, ERP, Application Management or Custom Software Development (CSD).
Required Skills and Experience:
You are learning and developing the knowledge, technical skills and core consulting behaviors required to succeed in Application Services. You learn an appropriate methodology and acquire knowledge of either a business domain; a Package Based Solution; or a technical tool / programming language. You demonstrate flexibility and versatility in meeting objectives, and should be able to manage your workload and update management on task progress.
• Qualification: 1 – 3 years, Bachelor’s Degree.
• As a Business Analyst 1 you should have baseline skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Functional Architecture Design & Project Financials, KPI´s & Reporting.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - https://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Job: Business Analyst
Organization: NA AS
Title: Business Analyst 1 - Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Requisition ID: 040602