Capgemini Infrastructure Consultant 2 - Environment Manager in Chicago, Illinois
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com at http://www.capgemini.com/ . People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Required Skills and Experience:
9 years of total experience
4 - 5 years of experience in Amazon Cloud and at least 4 years of project management experience.
Good experience in Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and other services of the AWS family.
High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, Scalability, Database Concepts, System Security, IT Infrastructure, Virtualization, and Internet Technologies.
Microsoft IIS, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, SQL Server2012, Linux, and Win Server 2012.
Good Communication, writing, analytical & documentation skill.
Work closely with business to ensure that business requirements are translated to technology requirements and subsequently drive the execution (plan, coordinate, manage) of Infrastructure projects from design through successful deployment.
Work with cross functional teams – technology, business, Operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, using an SDLC / Agile development framework, from concept to launch.
Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
Required: 4 - 5 years of experience in Amazon Cloud and at least 4 years of project management experience. Good experience in Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and other services of the AWS family
Desired: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, networking, OS like XPe, Windows 7/10, Windows 2008/2010
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• To automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable, trustworthy and dependable the processing of production;
• To integrate in production of the new application programs or data processing sequences;
• To configure and parameterize the production equipments;
• To automate the procedures of technical management and pattern matching of alarms;
• To define and implement the procedures of recovery in the event of incident and of restoration of the data. To define, implement and to follow the protection plan and the plans help;
• To implement the standards, standards, rules and procedures of the field to be administer, manage, run and take care of their application program;
• To prepare and upgrade the dashboards, the Handout, specification, instructions, information and the reference frames of production, to transfer knowledge ;
• To analyze, treat and capitalize the incidents of production of level 2. To technically assist the administrator of application program and system Junior, the pilots of operations management and the wizards users;
• To formalize the reports of incident and the action plans and to ensure the implementation of it. To put in place, introduce, position rights to use and access, to maintain and put at day ;
• Optimize measuring instruments of performance and to produce them referrers;
• To level the pieces of software and the products, to apply the patches. To take part in the projects of change.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree; Relevant working experience of 7-8 years in Infrastructure Management
• Must have experience in Technology Solution Design
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Organization: US IMS
Title: Infrastructure Consultant 2 - Environment Manager
Requisition ID: 039919