Capgemini Bid Director - Virtual in Dallas, Texas
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
The skill to effectively mange the pursuit process towards winning.
Manages bids including costs, staffing, technical leadership and project evaluation. Finalizes and submits winning proposition to the client and manages the external communications and interactions with the client during bid process along with the Sales Lead. Challenges overall strategy for Bid team including pre-Sales activities in co-operation with cross-discipline and onshore colleagues for qualification meetings, presentations and proposal presentations. Is the project manager for mid-sized bids, identifies bid risks and manages bid related partners and third party advisory.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Plans and directs major bids and is responsible for the quality and consistency of all proposals. Identifies areas of development and improves the Bid Management service provided to the Sales, Opportunity and Account community. Analyzes bids/proposals at all stages ensuring that overall solution optimizes client's chance of success. Sets up overall strategy for the bid team including pre-Sales activities in co-operation with cross-discipline and onshore colleagues for qualification meetings, presentations and proposal presentations. Accountable for overall quality of response to client.
• Direct and formalize bid process including budget, staffing and administration
• Leverage value drivers fitting with client and opportunity situation, develop value messaging and positioning based on joint value creation and develop a proposition plan mapping value drivers/targeted units/ phasing/resources (including use of partners)
• Evaluate risks and direct risk management
• Ensure overall consistency of the bid strategy and anticipate critical success factors
• Select the right profiles for the bid team (Solution Architect, Risk Manager, Commercial Manager, Industry Specialist, Sales Operations) and mentor the team
• Address complex issues involving interactions up to client executive and internal executive level
• Manage escalation process with large bids including communication with Sales Operations and Sales Management team
• Master project management, meetings and negotiations techniques
• Drive quality of the proposition both written and presented at orals
Specification / Skills / Experience
• Minimum 10 years of Presales / Bid Management experience
• Minimum 5 years of Presales / Bid Management Team Management experience
• Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures
• Should have played lead role in managing the end to end bid management and support activities for bids assigned
• Proven capability in submitting winning, multi-million dollar complex services opportunities
• Must be comfortable working and interacting with senior management (internal and external customer)
• Have the ability to manage complex, multi-works team opportunities
• Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
• Ready to travel on short notice at times
Job: Project Manager
Organization: CIS US
Title: Bid Director - Virtual
Requisition ID: 040886