Capgemini Senior Applications Consultant - SAP ABAP Lead in Irving, Texas
Senior SAP Technical (ABAP) consultant (5 to 7 years) with fair business process understanding. Be able to analyze Z-objects and technical impact due to S/4 Conversion.
• Responsible for the management of design, development, review and support of SAP ABAP, BW, Netweaver Portal functionality as well as SAP Netweaver PI/PO against the business needs in a variety of functional areas.
• Provide innovative solutions to complex business challenges by working with system analysts and formulating strategies to address these challenges.
• Develop SDLC processes, Development Standards and Naming Conventions and ensure compliance as per audit requirements of the organization.
• Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing SAP applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Supervise, mentor and co-ordinate the work of internal / outsource developers so that projects are delivered on time and within budget. Also, directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
• Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
• Performs the role of a Program Manager for all development projects. Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects.
• Develops cost estimates, human resource requirements and allocations, work plans, time schedules and makes work assignments to meet objectives.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Manage financial aspects of the Team, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Knowledge of ASAP, PMI and ITIL development framework and methodologies.
• Experience in ECC migration project is a plus
• Experience working on SAP HANA Development Project is a plus
• Should have vast experience on managing the Defects using HPQC or SharePoint or Remedy Defect tracking Tools.
• Should have experience on Change Management & manage the technical milestones for the Change Request during the duration of the Project.
• Play vital role in planning & managing Project Technical Cutover activities along with other Functional Teams.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Applications Consultants have expertise in a specific technology environment. They are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Senior Applications Consultant - SAP ABAP Lead
Requisition ID: 040022